Four questions to ask your Hotel Booking Engine Provider!
As a hotelier, you must-have this vital ‘Booking Engine’ tool in your arsenal. Hotel Booking Engine helps you to receive direct bookings without any time constraints and ensures a smooth booking experience to your guests.
As it boosts your hotel revenue by providing a platform to receive commission-free bookings, it is essential to take extra care in selecting the right booking engine for your hotel.
If you are in the process of purchasing a Hotel Booking Engine, then it is crucial to consider asking these questions to your Booking Engine solution provider.
1. Is it easy to use?
While selecting a Hotel Booking Engine, one should give importance to the simplicity of the application, because guests will abandon the process if they find it very complex.
Therefore, ask these following questions,
- How long will it take to complete a booking?
- Is there an option to display my hotel’s special offers and promos?
- Can I collect my guests’ special needs/preferences during the booking process?
- Is it easy to customize the theme of your booking engine?
- Is it possible to automate the booking confirmation email/message?
- Can guests select different payment options?
2. Does it work in-sync with Channel Manager?
To build an efficient distribution strategy, you need to work with other online channels like OTAs, Metasearch Engines, etc. which maximizes your hotel’s visibility and bookings. However, failing to integrate these systems can cause trouble in ensuring the up-to-date status of your hotel rooms, which results in overbooking or double booking.
Therefore, before purchasing a Hotel Booking Engine, check whether the booking system integrates well with your Hotel Channel Manager.
3. Is it responsive to mobile devices?
The rate of mobile booking is increasing nowadays. Therefore, make sure that your booking engine is mobile responsive so that you never miss a booking.
4. Does it ensure secure payment process?
Security remains to be a major concern. While paying online, guests need to provide their sensitive data. Therefore, it is vital to ensure that the payment process is secured and data are encrypted. Check whether the application is PCI compliance or not. Also check the security measures taken to keep guests’ data safe.