On-page SEO for Hotel Websites: Three basic aspects to focus on!
Businesses today are digital-driven. Being on top of the SERP will help hotel brands to drive relevant traffic and increase conversions.
On the other hand, advancements in search engines create both opportunities and challenges for SEO professionals all over the world.
Only hotel websites that monitor growing trends and adapt advancing techniques will stay on top. Here’re the three major aspects that you should focus on to stay relevant in 2020,
#1 Make it easy for search engines to crawl & index your site!
What is crawling and Indexing?
Search engines’ bots crawl the web pages frequently. Crawling is the process of identifying and exploring new web pages. Once the page is crawled, search engines will categorize and index the page. It helps search engines to find relevant answers to users’ queries. If your site is not indexed, then it is less likely to get ranked!
- Submit XML Sitemaps- If your site structure is complex, then submit XML sitemaps on your website. It is a file that contains all your web page links. This way, you can make it easier for search engine bots to crawl and index pages.
- Block unwanted pages with Robots.txt- You can instruct search bots to not crawl pages that are not important. At the same time, you need to check your robots.txt file to see whether any of your important pages are blocked or not.
- SSL Certificate- Sites with SSL certificates are trusted by both search engines and users. Guests will no longer make a transaction on your website if it is marked as ‘Not Secure’. For you, getting an SSL certificate is vital.
- Structured Data/Schema Markup- It is a type of code that helps search engines crawl and index web pages easily. It will also boost your visibility.
#2- Optimize your website content and images
Content and visuals play a vital role in attracting your guests. At the same time, you need to make it SEO-friendly.
- Title Tags & Meta descriptions- Title tags are the HTML element that contains your page title. Likewise, the Meta description is the short description you can see below the title in the SERP results. Optimize it with keywords and keep it short and descriptive. It also acts as a great CTA.
- Optimize images- Include attractive visuals on your site. Optimize images with alt.txt and include keywords in the image title.
- Relevant & Unique content- Create a compelling copy that delivers the message properly to your guests. Include keywords and semantic keywords in the content.
- Voice Search- Voice search is getting traction. Therefore, it is essential to optimize your site for such devices.
- Snippets- It is essential to optimize your content for these featured snippets as they help you get more clicks.
#3- User Experience
The end goal of search engines is to deliver exceptional service to its users. Therefore, websites that are not fast and easy to navigate in all devices will get lower rankings.
- Page Speed- Page speed is vital. Compress images and other site structures that help you reduce loading time and ensure a better experience for guests.
Further Readings: Hotel Website Speed: Why does it matter?
- Site Responsive- As the majority of your guests use mobile devices to surf and book stays, it is important to make your site responsive to deliver a good user experience across devices. Implement AMP to make your site load faster and provide the best experiences for users.
Focusing on these elements will turn your website for both SEO-friendly and user friendly. It helps you boost your organic rankings, attract a wider audience, deliver greater user experience and increase conversions.